Position ID: ADV00082I
Posting Date: January 19, 2024
Location: Houston, TX
Are you passionate about human space exploration, understanding the origins of the universe, and working with a passionate and diverse team to make a difference? If you are, we need you!
We need your talent, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire people all over the globe. We need you to bring creative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will enable the exploration of space while benefiting people here on Earth. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on exciting challenges for NASA’s pursuits in deep space exploration.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Avionics Section Manager to join our JETS II contract team at Johnson Space Center.Responsibilities
- Report directly to the Project Development Group Manager. The position is responsible for the direct management of approximately 40 people managing projects within the Life Support &
- Systems and Office and the Crew and Thermal Systems Division.
- Ensure employees in functional areas follow established procedures and generate finished work products under time and budgetary constraints and ensures products yield the expected outcome
and established quality levels. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Coordinate the creation and revision of task orders.
- Ensure projects are adequately staffed across multiple sections and departments.
- Perform routine project reviews for cost, schedule, risk management, and deliverable adherence.
- Maintain active risk management (technical, cost, and schedule) on all projects and work functions.
- Communicate project status to senior management.
- Approve time cards and travel.
- Document and perform personnel performance reviews.
- Coordinate issues across multiple JETS organizations which could include source limitations, technical challenges, process breakdowns, etc.
- Establish a framework and oversight for technical correctness on all work performed by section.
- Provide rough orders of magnitude (ROM’s) and basis of estimates (BOE’s) for project and tasks.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Prefer 10 years of experience with NASA/JSC flight hardware processes.
- Prefer previous experience with EVA hardware and crew systems development efforts.
- Candidates must be proactive, responsive and show great initiative.
- Prior experience with task order contracts.
- Prior experience in developing schedules, budgets, and project plans.
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate’s experience, requirements, and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this
position has been advertised.
- Typically requires a HS diploma and 20 years of experience or BS in Engineering Technology or related field and 15 years of experience.
Mclaurin is a unique organization with a special focus on combining the best features of research and industry in order to foster innovation. Our organization strongly supports research, publication, and engagement with the academic community. We encourage our employees to remain on the cutting edge of new developments in their respective disciplines. Prospective candidates should submit a cover letter and resume, and if applicable, a list of relevant publications and research using the contact form below.
US Citizenship and the ability to pass a comprehensive security background investigation is required.Mclaurin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.