Position ID: MCL-GNC21030101
Posting Date: March 1, 2021
Location: Huntsville, AL
Mclaurin Aerospace is searching for highly qualified U.S. citizens to support GN&C verification and systems engineering activities supporting the Space Launch System launch vehicle in the Control Systems Design and Analysis Branch at NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center.Responsibilities
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Provide GN&C systems integration support.
- Support recurring and non-recurring meetings, design reviews and working groups.
- Coordinate requirements development, tracking, and closeout.
- Support the integration, verification, and validation of GN&C analyses and models, flight software integration and test, and hardware level integration and test.
- Participate in cross-program and cross-discipline reviews and meetings.
- Development and definition of specifications, requirements, and systems architecture.
- Creation and review of program, system, and subsystem engineering documentation.
- Create, collect, and interpret data used to demonstrate requirements compliance.
- Work with GN&C engineering leads and other engineering disciplines.
Candidates must have excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively with the customer and other participants through regular engagement in task team meetings, technical interchange meetings, and program reviews. Experience with Microsoft Office products is also required.Qualifications
A degree in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field is required. A degree from an ABET-accredited institution preferred. Typical education requirements are the equivalent of a PhD with at least 4 years of experience, an MS with at least 8 years of experience, or a BS with at least 10 years of experience.
Proof of U.S. citizenship is required and candidates will be subject to a background check and security screening.Requirements
To be successful in this position, the applicant must be detail-oriented, able to work independently and collaboratively with GN&C leads and other engineering disciplines, possess strong communication and interpersonal skills, and must have the ability to:
- Understand the relationship between GN&C products and other integrated systems.
- Derive GN&C system requirements to support program requirements and objectives.
- Define verification activities and success criteria to demonstrate requirement compliance.
- Work effectively in a multi-discipline team and interface with GN&C and other engineering discipline leads.
Special consideration will be given to candidates with experience in GN&C, spacecraft and launch vehicle systems, project and/or requirements management, modeling and simulation and/or model-based design, MATLAB, C/C++, Python, and VBA, and SIL/HIL testing.
Mclaurin is a unique organization with a special focus on combining the best features of research and industry in order to foster innovation. Our organization strongly supports research, publication, and engagement with the academic community. We encourage our employees to remain on the cutting edge of new developments in their respective disciplines. Prospective candidates should submit a cover letter and resume, and if applicable, a list of relevant publications and research using the contact form below.
US Citizenship and the ability to pass a comprehensive security background investigation is required.Mclaurin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.