Position ID: MCL-OPS22110801
Posting Date: March 20, 2023
Location: Knoxville, TN
Mclaurin Aerospace is currently seeking an Operations Assistant to support day-to-day management tasks on part-time basis. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a background in government contract administration, finance, business operations, or information systems. This position requires a high level of initiative and organization, an ability to identify opportunities for process improvement, and attention to detail.Responsibilities
- Assist with day-to-day management, budgeting, and reporting requirements for various federal contracts.
- Support the development, update, implementation, and audit of operational policies and procedures at the corporate level.
- Assist with management of the corporate brand, including web presence, marketing strategy, and customer interfaces.
- Assist with human resources processes related to time recording, benefits, and onboarding/offboarding.
- Implement and supervise updates to information systems and information security infrastructure per corporate policy and external sponsor requirements.
- Support internal inventory and asset management initiatives.
- General administrative support, including event planning, travel expense management, calendar management, and business development.
- Other duties as assigned.
Strong organizational, administrative, and communication skills, both written and verbal, to facilitate both internal and external critical communications products. Proficiency with Microsoft Office (particularly Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, and related data management and design software. Technical competency to resolve information systems challenges (hardware, software, network, and information systems security) and interface with engineering staff. Detail- and design-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.Requirements
This position is being considered at multiple levels. A minimum of a 2 years of undergraduate course work is required; a degree in business, finance, management information systems, or similar is preferred. Candidates or current students with prior experience in any of the areas of federal or institutional contract administration, MIS, or project management will be given special consideration.
Mclaurin is a unique organization with a special focus on combining the best features of research and industry in order to foster innovation. Our organization strongly supports research, publication, and engagement with the academic community. We encourage our employees to remain on the cutting edge of new developments in their respective disciplines. Prospective candidates should submit a cover letter and resume, and if applicable, a list of relevant publications and research using the contact form below.
US Citizenship and the ability to pass a comprehensive security background investigation is required.Mclaurin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.