Position ID: MCL-SYS-06142022-2
Posting Date: June 14, 2022
Location: Houston, TX
Mclaurin Aerospace is currently seeking exceptionally qualified candidates to fill a Technical Staff position in the area of systems engineering supporting NASA Johnson Space Center in Houston, TX. Mclaurin Aerospace Technical Staff provide critical expertise to government sponsors supporting programs of national significance.
In this position, the candidate will:
- Perform trade-off studies, analysis, and systems interfacing, as well as performance and coordination of analyses, testing, and verification efforts
- Analyze engineering concepts from requirements, mission needs, and/or system improvement needs
- Actively contribute to the Jacobs safety culture of Beyond Zero and foster a strong environment of teamwork across all sections of the Facility and Test Department, as well as Jacobs and NASA customers
- Review facility systems and associated support equipment, functional specifications, and operations, and establish risk levels and safety requirements for assigned tests and facilities
- Independently analyze and recommend safety criteria surrounding test hardware, system design, equipment, and procedures to control or eliminate hazards
- Concurrently perform system safety engineering for multiple programs and projects, participate in project reviews, and ensure system safety tasks and responsibilities are identified and on schedule
- Create hazard analyses of facility hardware used in support of flight hardware testing using analytical techniques to include Hazard Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis, and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis
- Develop hazard controls and verifications based on hazards identified
- Research, develop, and present completed analyses to facility managers and Test Readiness Review Board
- Perform other duties as required
Technical Staff provide industry-leading technical expertise to government and prime contractor sponsors, and perform simulations, analyses, and designs, often working with representatives of multiple disciplines to optimize software integration across diverse elements and vehicles while supporting an integrated program and/or mission goal.Qualifications
BS degree from an accredited engineering school and five (5) years of related engineering experience, or a MS degree from an accredited engineering school and four (4) years of related engineering experience, or Ph.D. from an accredited engineering school
Relevant skills include:
- Experience in performing hazard analyses and safety compliance in accordance with JPR 1700.1, “JSC Safety and Health Handbook”
Candidates must have excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively with the customer and other participants through regular engagement in task team meetings, technical interchange meetings, and program reviews. Experience with Microsoft Office products is also required.
Candidates with experience in any of the following are preferred and will be given special consideration:
- Electrical Engineering degree and extensive documented experience in a NASA or other space-related environment
- Working knowledge of NASA and industry safety codes, standards, and processes and their application in a facility test system environment is highly desired
Mclaurin is a unique organization with a special focus on combining the best features of research and industry in order to foster innovation. Our organization strongly supports research, publication, and engagement with the academic community. We encourage our employees to remain on the cutting edge of new developments in their respective disciplines. Prospective candidates should submit a cover letter and resume, and if applicable, a list of relevant publications and research using the contact form below.
US Citizenship and the ability to pass a comprehensive security background investigation is required.Mclaurin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.