Position ID: ADV000879
Posting Date: February 8, 2024
Location: Houston, TX
Are you passionate about human space exploration, understanding the origins of the universe, and working with a passionate and diverse team to make a difference? If you are, we need you!
We need your talent, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire people all over the globe. We need you to bring creative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will enable the exploration of space while benefiting people here on Earth. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on exciting challenges for NASA’s pursuits in deep space exploration.
Our long-term client relationship with NASA has led to a need for an Active Thermal Control System (ATCS) Subsystem Manager (SSM) to support Pressurized Rover (PR) and Lunar Terrain Vehicle (LTV)to join our JETS II contract team at Johnson Space Center.Responsibilities
– Review system architectures, hardware requirements, designs, assembly procedures, test plans, procedures and data of ATCS for the spacecraft to ensure approaches are sound, component/material selection is appropriate for the intended usage, and suitable for the proposed application
– Provide recommendations for program acceptance of requirements verification, testing, and hazards
– Provide recommendations for improvements to system architectures, hardware requirements, designs, test plans, and procedures if disparities/deficiencies are identified
– Review and evaluate qualification test reports and resolution of anomalies identified in certification of the ATCS system for the spacecraft
– Review the hazard reports and associated verification products
– Keep relevant stakeholders abreast of project development and operational status. Support evening meetings with JAXA
– Serve as a key stakeholder in review of all program milestones such as verification activities, hardware qualification events
– Travel as required in support of technical reviews, testing and exchanges
– Perform other duties as required
– Familiar with JSC organizations, processes, and procedures
– Familiar with the spacecraft and ATCS systems
– The ability to coordinate support from a wide range of technical disciplines
– Familiarity with the Engineering Life Cycle process
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate’s experience, requirements, and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
– Typically requires a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Engineering and normally possess 5 – 10 years of related experience. License and certification may be required
– Thermal systems analysis background and/or hardware development & test experience
– Experience with requirements review – including verification and validation,
– Electrical background – control and software implementation for thermal control hardware
– ATCS (Active Thermal Control System) background – mechanisms background (pumps, valves, etc.), Radiator implementation, heat pipes, etc.
– Experience in the design, assembly, testing, certification, and operation of space ATCS systems and components, which may include but not be limited to pumps and valves, coolant loops, cold plates, heat exchangers, sublimators, radiators, and heat exchangers during pre-launch, flight, and post-landing phases
– Experience coordinating space ATCS systems requirements verification and validation between multiple organizations
– Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to coordinate support from a wide range of technical disciplines
– Basic knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures in the field, such as mechanical system design, engineering drawings and sketches, material selection, testing, and office software
Mclaurin is a unique organization with a special focus on combining the best features of research and industry in order to foster innovation. Our organization strongly supports research, publication, and engagement with the academic community. We encourage our employees to remain on the cutting edge of new developments in their respective disciplines. Prospective candidates should submit a cover letter and resume, and if applicable, a list of relevant publications and research using the contact form below.
US Citizenship and the ability to pass a comprehensive security background investigation is required.Mclaurin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.