Position ID: ADV0007XS
Posting Date: January 19, 2024
Location: Houston, TX
Are you passionate about human space exploration, understanding the origins of the universe, and working with a passionate and diverse team to make a difference? If you are, we need you!
We need your talent, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire people all over the globe. We need you to bring creative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will enable the exploration of space while benefiting people here on Earth. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on exciting challenges for NASA’s pursuits in deep space exploration.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer Lead for Gateway Refueling Testing at JSC to join our JETS II contract team.Responsibilities
- Support configuration and design assessment, complete procurement, assembly, test readiness reviews, and functional testing for research and development of Gateway Refueling systems.
- Perform engineering tasks, design calculations, and testing functions in manufacturing, procuring, assembling, and testing/troubleshooting of test equipment.
- Provide project engineering support to system modifications.
- Assist in the design, documentation and fabrication of the Gateway refueling testing lab.
- Generate essential paperwork and documents for tasks assigned, such as Task Performance Sheets (TPS), Discrepancy Reports (DR), and Detailed Test Procedures (DTP), as needed.
- Coordinate with matrix organizations and vendors for day-to-day project activities, issue resolution, assembly, cleaning, calibration, general maintenance, safety and hazard analysis and testing support.
- Perform failure troubleshooting and resolution as needed.
- Collaborate with NASA customer and teammates.
- Perform job functions based on pre-established guidelines or instructions.
- Select and apply engineering techniques and procedures to analyze and evaluate specific problems, data, or other features of the work which are broad in scope and complexity.
- Perform other duties as required.
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school and 8 plus years of related engineering experience.
- Experience in flight software implementation and requirements
- Experience in flight avionics and hardware integration/testing
- Experience in FDIR (Fault, Detection, Isolation, and recovery
- Understanding network connection and data transfer
- Lead small facility teams
- Experience with Gateway program related
- Detailed oriented
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate’s experience, requirements, and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- Typically requires a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Engineering and normally possess 5 – 10 years of related experience. License and certification may be required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to coordinate support from a wide range of technical disciplines.
- Basic knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures in the field, such as system design, engineering drawings and sketches, material selection, thermal testing, design
software and tools, and office software.
- Must have the ability to visualize and work with complex systems and work with others in problem solving as part of a team.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines and schedules and to work unsupervised for long periods of time.
Mclaurin is a unique organization with a special focus on combining the best features of research and industry in order to foster innovation. Our organization strongly supports research, publication, and engagement with the academic community. We encourage our employees to remain on the cutting edge of new developments in their respective disciplines. Prospective candidates should submit a cover letter and resume, and if applicable, a list of relevant publications and research using the contact form below.
US Citizenship and the ability to pass a comprehensive security background investigation is required.Mclaurin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.