Position ID: ADV00087G
Posting Date: February 8, 2024
Location: Houston, TX
Are you passionate about human space exploration, understanding the origins of the universe, and working with a passionate and diverse team to make a difference? If you are, we need you!
We need your talent, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire people all over the globe. We need you to bring creative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will enable the exploration of space while benefiting people here on Earth. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on exciting challenges for NASA’s pursuits in deep space exploration.
We have an exciting opportunity for a RF Communication Systems Engineer to join our JETS II contract team at Johnson Space Center.Responsibilities
– Serve as a Subject Matter Expert for the Communications and Tracking Sub-Systems of the Gateway Level 2 SubSystems.
– Write Radio Frequency communication subsystem level Interface Requirements Documents (IRD), Verification Requirements (VRs), Interface Control Documents (ICDs) for spacecrafts. Review IRDs, ICDs and component level requirements (Transponders, Transceivers, baseband processors).
– Review Link and network layer protocols implemented on communication systems based on CCSDS recommendations.
– Determine the performance of Radio Frequency (RF) communication links and create link budgets using analytical methods or by applying analysis to simulation tools.
– Actively participate and contribute to Systems Requirements Reviews (SRR), Preliminary & Critical Design Reviews, Component level reviews and Technical Interchange Meetings.
– Perform Radio Frequency interference & compatibility analysis, Power Flux Density analysis, Spectral analysis for Space based communication systems.
– Assist and support NASA RF communication sub system manager with reviews, meetings and be the technical Point of Contact.
– Represent JSC and interface with other NASA centers and federal agencies.
– Perform analysis using software such as Matlab, Simulink, and Excel.
– Perform other duties as required.
– A MS or BS degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited engineering school.
– Experience with NASA processes.
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate’s experience, requirements, and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
– Typically requires a bachelor’s degree in engineering with experience in the field or in a related area.
– Must have completed college level RF Communications course work.
– Strong analytical skills in RF communications.
– Excellent knowledge of communication systems such as digital modulation, spread spectrum signals and signal detection.
– Excellent communication and organizational skills along with the ability to work in a team environment.
– Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
Mclaurin is a unique organization with a special focus on combining the best features of research and industry in order to foster innovation. Our organization strongly supports research, publication, and engagement with the academic community. We encourage our employees to remain on the cutting edge of new developments in their respective disciplines. Prospective candidates should submit a cover letter and resume, and if applicable, a list of relevant publications and research using the contact form below.
US Citizenship and the ability to pass a comprehensive security background investigation is required.Mclaurin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.