Position ID: ADV0007Y2
Posting Date: December 17, 2023
Location: Houston, TX
Are you passionate about human space exploration, understanding the origins of the universe, and working with a passionate and diverse team to make a difference? If you are, we need you!
We need your talent, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire people all over the globe. We need you to bring creative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will enable the exploration of space while benefiting people here on Earth. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on exciting challenges for NASA’s pursuits in deep space exploration.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Manager to join our JETS II contract team at Johnson Space Center.Responsibilities
– Lead large and/or advanced flight hardware projects for the JACOBS Engineering, Technology, and Science contract.
– Lead of a team of engineers to develop mechanical or electrical hardware for space flight.
– Develop conceptual designs, conduct trade studies, and assess and develop key project requirements.
– Develop integrated schedules and cost estimates as part of a project plan.
– Manage risk throughout the life of the project, including cost, schedule and technical risks.
– Ensure and document compliance with space flight hardware requirements and processes.
– Effectively communicate project status to both JETS management and the NASA customer.
– Coach and mentor early-career members of the project team.
– Perform other duties as required.
– Prior experience with Environmental Control and Life Support Systems (ECLSS) hardware development.
– Prior experience with JSC processes for engineering project management.
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate’s experience, requirements, and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
– Typically requires a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Engineering and may be expected to have a related master’s degree and normally possess 10-15 years of related experience.
– Requires demonstrated leadership skills as evidenced by prior leadership experience involving either NASA flight
hardware development or NASA flight hardware sustaining engineering.
– Experience in management of technical, cost, and schedule elements of projects and tasks.
– Excellent oral and written communication skills, a team-oriented approach, strong problem-solving capability, and
– Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, technical knowledge, and the ability to work in a collaborative
Mclaurin is a unique organization with a special focus on combining the best features of research and industry in order to foster innovation. Our organization strongly supports research, publication, and engagement with the academic community. We encourage our employees to remain on the cutting edge of new developments in their respective disciplines. Prospective candidates should submit a cover letter and resume, and if applicable, a list of relevant publications and research using the contact form below.
US Citizenship and the ability to pass a comprehensive security background investigation is required.Mclaurin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.