From concept to flight hardware, we have designed, analyzed, tested, and helped produce systems and components ranging from missile seeker mechatronics to the 28-foot diameter Space Launch System launch vehicle stage adapter (LVSA). We directly integrate the effects of fluids, heat, aerodynamics, radiation, vibration, and acoustics into the design cycle, eliminating integration overhead and yielding directly optimized design solutions. With a combined half century of experience in structural and mechanical innovation, we bring concept to reality.
- Linear and nonlinear structural analysis
- Vibroacoustics, random vibration, and internal environment predictions
- Geometric and material nonlinearity (creep, plasticity, viscoelasticity, hyperelasticity, etc.)
- Normal modes and linear eigenvalue buckling analysis
- Nonlinear buckling analysis
- Linear and nonlinear contact dynamics
- Transient impact analysis
- Fatigue and fracture analysis
- Bolt preload simulation
- Material selection and trade studies
- Coupled fluid/structure interaction
- Composites technology
- Design optimization and weight reduction
Research initiatives include leveraging additive manufacturing (AM) technology not only to produce unique AM-specific component designs, but to adapt traditional CNC-machined components to AM processes. We leverage AM contractor partners with the state of the art in novel processes such Selective Laser Sintering (SLS) to produce aerospace-grade components in materials such as aluminum and titanium.
To learn more about how our insight can help your system achieve success, contact us.