Mclaurin Aerospace provides Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GN&C) subject matter expertise supporting design, analysis, and certification for tactical and strategic missiles, launch vehicles, entry vehicles, and spacecraft. Our technical staff have extensive design and flight test experience supporting high-reliability and human-rated systems, including NASA’s Space Launch System, Ares I/I-X, Space Shuttle, the International Space Station, MDA’s Ground-Based Interceptor (GBI), Exoatmospheric Kill Vehicle (EKV), and strategic ballistic missiles.
- Control system design with thrust vector control, reaction control thrusters, reaction wheels, and control moment gyroscopes (CMGs)
- High-power and precision hydraulics and pneumatics
- Stability analysis and filter design with structural flexibility and propellant slosh dynamics
- Navigation gyrocompassing and alignment, performance modeling, and error covariance analysis
- Advanced sensor modeling for verification and real time simulation
- Structural loads compatibility and forcing function analysis
- Flight control and navigation filter design
- Spacecraft, launch vehicle, and missile guidance
- Rendezvous, proximity operations, and docking
- Process, math model, and uncertainty definition
- Numerical methods and sensitivity analysis
- Multirate systems and digital signal processing
- High-fidelity simulation development, verification, and validation
- GN&C flight software development and certification
- Failure Detection, Isolation, and Recovery (FDIR) / Mission and Fault Management (M&FM) algorithm design
- Real time support and post-flight data processing and analysis
Our innovations include significant contributions to the state of the art in spacecraft reaction control, novel retrospective insights into hypersonic systems, direct methods for optimization of digital bending filters, and the design and flight test of the first ever human-rated launch vehicle adaptive control system.
With the increased infusion of software-based autonomy into mission-critical systems, experience is crucial and our experts can help your team succeed. Please contact us to learn more about our GN&C products and capabilities.