Position ID: ADV0007YO
Posting Date: January 1, 2024
Location: Houston, TX
Are you passionate about human space exploration, understanding the origins of the universe, and working with a passionate and diverse team to make a difference? If you are, we need you!
We need your talent, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire people all over the globe. We need you to bring creative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will enable the exploration of space while benefiting people here on Earth. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on exciting challenges for NASA’s pursuits in deep space exploration.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Cloud Infrastructure Engineering Developer to join our JETS II contract team at Johnson Space Center.Responsibilities
– Develop new software using modern tools and methods
– Extensive cloud-based development of Mission IT Operations modules, front-end and integrated systems
– Maintain and improve cloud based
– Serve as alternate for senior software developers
– Be versatile and a quick study with unfamiliar programming languages and environments
– Provide functional and performance testing
– Be an innovative self-starter in the pursuit of new solutions
– Develop integration/data pipelines utilizing RESTful HTTPS API
– Develop science mission operations software for extra/intra-vehicular activity and related space mission operational scenarios
– Perform other duties as required
– Typically has a bachelor’s degree in computer science from an accredited school with five (5) to thirteen (13) years of progressive experience, or a master’s degree in computer science from an accredited school and four (4) to eleven (11) years of progressive experience, or a Ph.D. in Computer Science from an accredited school and zero (0) to six (6) years of progressive experience
– Experience with space mission operation software development
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate’s experience, requirements, and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
– Typically requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent certification in a related area and normally possess 10 years of experience in the field or in a related area
– Ten-Twelve (10-12) years of demonstrable experience in writing code for software projects.
– Active experience operating in DevOps, distributed compute/storage cloud-based environments
– Versatile in SCRUM/Agile based project development
– Experience with cloud service providers including Google and AWS Cloud
– Ability to build, deploy and maintain containerized and infrastructure as a code-based systems.
– Demonstrable experience with more than one of the following: Node.JS, ASP.net, Python PowerShell, Perl, Fortran
– Demonstrable experience with Web development in AngularJS Framework, HTML5, CSS
– Database programming for NOSQL, Oracle, Go and Cloud based Database Systems
– Experience in Windows and Linux environments
– Demonstrable experience with Docker, Git based repositories including GitLab and Terraform for deploying Kubernetes
Mclaurin is a unique organization with a special focus on combining the best features of research and industry in order to foster innovation. Our organization strongly supports research, publication, and engagement with the academic community. We encourage our employees to remain on the cutting edge of new developments in their respective disciplines. Prospective candidates should submit a cover letter and resume, and if applicable, a list of relevant publications and research using the contact form below.
US Citizenship and the ability to pass a comprehensive security background investigation is required.Mclaurin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.