Position ID: MCL-SYS-20230714-ADV000649
Posting Date: July 14, 2023
Location: Houston, TX
Are you passionate about human space exploration, understanding the origins of the universe, and working with a passionate and diverse team to make a difference? If you are, we need you!
We need your talent, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire people all over the globe. We need you to bring creative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will enable the exploration of space while benefiting people here on Earth. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on exciting challenges for NASA’s pursuits in deep space exploration. Jacobs is NASA’s largest engineering solutions provider working together with NASA at centers across the United States.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Systems Engineer – Gateway C&T System to join our JETS II contract team at Johnson Space Center.Responsibilities
- The Systems Engineer Lead will be supporting the Gateway Avionic Communications and Tracking End-to-End Data Flow Architecture Sub-System, a critical sub-system of the Gateway Program which will return to the Moon
- Develop and support the C&T Con-Ops refinement and design reviews
- Support Gateway integrated analysis cycles by defining analysis objectives, reviewing analysis products, and developing program summary briefings
- Lead integration meetings with C&DH
- Refine interface control documents
- Develop verification objectives and requirements in support of Gateway communications, and Human Lander communications
- Participate in Systems Integrations Forum
- Participate in Gateway Fault Management Working Group
- Participate and contribute to system requirements reviews, preliminary design reviews and critical design reviews
- Perform and review system level architecture trade studies and analyses that will influence the overall design and performance requirements
- Work with team members and leads to identify risks, develop risk statements, and plan risk responses with mitigation strategies
- Work and present schedule and progress to customers and boards/panels
- Must have good communication and organizational skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Perform other duties as required
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate’s experience, requirements, and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- Knowledge and understanding of SE&I processes, methodologies, tools and technologies
- Knowledge of test principles, tools, and processes needed to develop test requirements
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures in the space hardware field, such as mechanical and electrical system design, engineering drawings and sketches, and material selection
- Ability to prepare written documents and to verbally present at various meetings
- Able to organize and prioritize tasks in order to meet deadlines and schedules with limited supervision
- Experience working in a team environment
Preferred Education and Experience:
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited engineering school
- Knowledge of Flight Hardware and/or Flight Processes/Paperwork
- Experience with NASA processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and a minimum of 2 – 5 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
Mclaurin is a unique organization with a special focus on combining the best features of research and industry in order to foster innovation. Our organization strongly supports research, publication, and engagement with the academic community. We encourage our employees to remain on the cutting edge of new developments in their respective disciplines. Prospective candidates should submit a cover letter and resume, and if applicable, a list of relevant publications and research using the contact form below.
US Citizenship and the ability to pass a comprehensive security background investigation is required.Mclaurin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.