Position ID: ADV00082S
Posting Date: January 19, 2024
Location: Houston, TX
Are you passionate about human space exploration, understanding the origins of the universe, and working with a passionate and diverse team to make a difference? If you are, we need you!
We need your talent, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire people all over the globe. We need you to bring creative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will enable the exploration of space while benefiting people here on Earth. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on exciting challenges for NASA’s pursuits in deep space exploration.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer to join our JETS II contract team at Johnson Space Center.Responsibilities
- Provide project engineering support to one or more projects
- Place and carefully track progress of procurements
- Support Test and Verification (T&V) activities for flight hardware
- Frequently perform hands-on hardware testing
- Work in a team environment, and report to project lead or project manager for technical support, task assignment, and processes
- Support hardware troubleshooting to investigate mechanical and electrical failures within flight hardware or test support hardware
- Generate essential paperwork and documents for tasks assigned, such as Task Performance Sheets (TPS), Discrepancy Reports (DR), and Detailed Test Procedures (DTP), as needed
- Perform job functions based on pre-established guidelines or instructions
- Perform other duties as required
- Familiar with Johnson Space Center (JSC) organizations, processes, and procedures
- Experience with hardware processing for spaceflight
- Ex Co-op or Intern experience at JSC or other NASA agency
- Familiarity with the Engineering Life Cycle process
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate’s experience, requirements, and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this
position has been advertised.
- Typically requires a bachelor’s degree in Engineering and a minimum of 2 – 5 years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Experience with test procedure development
- Must be able to organize and prioritize tasks in order to meet deadlines and schedules with limited supervision
- Self-motivated, team player and adaptable to a dynamic environment and the ability to complete all assignments as required
- Prior experience with hardware anomaly troubleshooting and failure analysis
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and will be expected to effectively interact with customers and management at all levels
- Ability to prepare written documents and to verbally present at various meetings
- Familiarity with common hand tools and proficiency using them to perform assembly, disassembly, and troubleshooting on mechanical systems
- Must have the ability to visualize and work with complex mechanical/electrical systems and work with others in problem solving as part of a team
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products
Mclaurin is a unique organization with a special focus on combining the best features of research and industry in order to foster innovation. Our organization strongly supports research, publication, and engagement with the academic community. We encourage our employees to remain on the cutting edge of new developments in their respective disciplines. Prospective candidates should submit a cover letter and resume, and if applicable, a list of relevant publications and research using the contact form below.
US Citizenship and the ability to pass a comprehensive security background investigation is required.Mclaurin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.