Position ID: ADV00082R
Posting Date: January 19, 2024
Location: Houston, TX
Are you passionate about human space exploration, understanding the origins of the universe, and working with a passionate and diverse team to make a difference? If you are, we need you!
We need your talent, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire people all over the globe. We need you to bring creative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will enable the exploration of space while benefiting people here on Earth. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on exciting challenges for NASA’s pursuits in deep space exploration.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Systems Engineer to join our JETS II contract team at Johnson Space Center.Responsibilities
- Responsible for the planning, development, review, and maintenance of requirements and verification plans
- Prepares materials for the system life cycle phasing, including SRR (System Readiness Review),
- Preliminary Design Reviews (PDR) and Critical Design Review (CDR)
- Identifies risks, develops risk statements, and plans risk responses
- Performs and reviews system level architecture trade studies and analyses that will influence the overall system design and performance
- Uses a requirements management software and systems engineering tool such as DOORS, Cradle or MagicDraw
- Works in a team environment and reports to the team lead to provide status on progress and raise issues
- Maintains a professional relationship with the NASA customer and other NASA support contractors
- Performs other tasks assigned
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate’s experience, requirements, and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this
position has been advertised.
- Typically requires a bachelor’s degree in Engineering and a minimum of 2 – 5 years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Work experience in a Systems Engineering role in a NASA, DoD, or Aerospace environment
- Experience with requirements development, design trades, risk analysis, and system analysis of space hardware
- Experience with the design, assembly, verification, testing, and operation of space hardware
- Basic knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures in the space hardware field, such as mechanical and electrical system design, engineering drawings and sketches,
material selection, and design software and tools
- Ability to prepare written documents and to verbally present at various meetings
- Familiarity with SharePoint and Microsoft Office products
Mclaurin is a unique organization with a special focus on combining the best features of research and industry in order to foster innovation. Our organization strongly supports research, publication, and engagement with the academic community. We encourage our employees to remain on the cutting edge of new developments in their respective disciplines. Prospective candidates should submit a cover letter and resume, and if applicable, a list of relevant publications and research using the contact form below.
US Citizenship and the ability to pass a comprehensive security background investigation is required.Mclaurin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.