Position ID: ADV00084T
Posting Date: January 25, 2024
Location: Houston, TX
Are you passionate about human space exploration, understanding the origins of the universe, and working with a passionate and diverse team to make a difference? If you are, we need you!
We need your talent, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire people all over the globe. We need you to bring creative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will enable the exploration of space while benefiting people here on Earth. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on exciting challenges for NASA’s pursuits in deep space exploration.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager (TVAC System Testing) to join our JETS II contract team at Johnson Space Center.Responsibilities
– Responsible for managing complex facility projects, such as vacuum and thermal chamber upgrades, facility upgrades, and facility repairs to support space hardware testing for the NASA JSC Crew and Thermal Systems Division (CTSD/EC)
– Lead of a team of contractors, engineers, and technicians to execute all facility projects to support NASA test objectives
– Manage the key projects aspects of scope, budget, schedule, and risks
– Provide budgeting, forecasting and cost estimating support
Ensure that projects are successfully completed on schedule within the approval budget and applicable quality/safety standards
– Develop integrated schedules and cost estimates as part of a project plan
– Manage risk throughout the life of the project, including cost, schedule, technical risks, and management of change
– Ensure and document compliance with JSC facility requirements and processes
– Effectively communicate project status to both JETS management and the NASA customer
– Coach and mentor early-career members of the project team
– Responsible for participating in all HSE activities. Proactively identify, report & bring to closure any safety and facility concerns.
– Lead and champions continuous improvement efforts
– Perform other duties as required
– BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school and ten (10) years of direct engineering experience, or an MS degree from an accredited engineering school and eight (8) years of direct engineering experience, or Ph.D. and four (4) years of direct engineering experience
– Experience in Aerospace testing environments
– Familiarity with the NASA/JSC facility development and Engineering Life Cycle processes
– PMP Certification
– Environmental testing background
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate’s experience, requirements, and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
– Typically requires a bachelor’s degree in Engineering and a minimum of 2- 5 years of experience in the field or in a related area
– Must be highly proficient and fully functional in the use of Microsoft Office Project
– Requires demonstrated leadership skills as evidenced by prior leadership experience involving either facility project experience or hardware development projects
– Able to make independent, technical, and tactical decisions with a high attentiveness to detail
– Strong skills in project management
– Experience in management of technical, cost, and schedule elements of projects and tasks
– Excellent oral and written communication skills
– A team-oriented approach, with strong problem-solving and mentoring skills
– Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, technical knowledge, and ability to work in a collaborative environment
– Must be able to operate independently and self-motivated in accordance with directed prioritization
– High organizational skills with the ability to track multiple directives
– Self Motivated individual with proactive approach to thinking ahead of upcoming scheduled events
Mclaurin is a unique organization with a special focus on combining the best features of research and industry in order to foster innovation. Our organization strongly supports research, publication, and engagement with the academic community. We encourage our employees to remain on the cutting edge of new developments in their respective disciplines. Prospective candidates should submit a cover letter and resume, and if applicable, a list of relevant publications and research using the contact form below.
US Citizenship and the ability to pass a comprehensive security background investigation is required.Mclaurin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.